HOW TO GET THERE
GETTING TO SKOPJE
We have gathered useful information for getting here from around the world.
The international airport Skopje (SKP) is located 20 kilometres south-east of the city centre and you can travel from various destinations in Europe.
It’s easy to get to and from the airport with the shuttle bus service operated by Manora Logistic and Marketing DOO Skopje and the journey time is between 25 and 30 minutes. Buses leave from right outside the terminal building and the final stop is the Hotel Holiday Inn in teh center of the city. Taxi or rental cars are also available at the airport.
- Skopje airport
- Manora Logistic and Marketing – time table and tickets to the airport shuttle.
- Skopje International Airport – Taxi from the airport
- Airlines flying to Skopje International Airport
Good things to know when driving in N. Macedonia
- Drive on the right-hand side of the road.
- Macedonian roads have toll between 1EUR and 3 EUR.
- The speed limit is shown in kilometres per hour.
- Head lights should be used at all times.
- Winter tyres must be used on wintery roads (snow, ice, slush or frost) and are required by law between December and March.
- Avoid alcohol completely if you’re driving – N. Macedonia has strict laws against drink-driving.
- An average litre of gas is about 1.5EUR.
- When driving in the countryside, be careful at dusk and dawn not to hit cattle sometimes crossing the road.